Zachry Event Management System
The Zachry Event Management System (EMS) allows faculty, staff and students from the Texas A&M College of Engineering to book space in the Zachry building for study sessions, meetings, events, etc. The reservation website can be accessed any time, from anywhere, both inside and outside the campus firewall, and on your mobile devices.
Please note that occupancy guidelines due to COVID-19 restrictions have affected the space available in Zachry during the fall 2020 semester, including those spaces that did not previously require a reservation, such as the soft seating areas throughout the building and the Learning Stairs. The reservation changes are reflected in the EMS.
For instructions on how to use the Zachry Event Management System to book spaces, please see our Quick Reference Guide.
Chevron Studios 297-299
The Chevron Studios will be available for studying only during the fall 2020 semester, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m.- 7:30 p.m. The studios will have a 50-person occupancy limit, with a one-person limit per table. Power will be supplied to all tables.
HPE Tech Deck
The HPE Tech Deck will be closed for the fall 2020 semester.
The Engineering Quad (E-Quad) is conveniently located between the Zachry Engineering Education Complex, Wisenbaker Engineering Building, Dwight Look Engineering Building and H.J. (Bill) and Reta Haynes Engineering Building. The E-Quad is a beautiful outdoor green space to meet, relax, eat and study. Throughout the E-Quad, you can find 50 favorite equations engraved in the pavement that were selected by our students, faculty, staff and former students. The E-Quad features shaded seating areas, park-like benches, Wi-Fi, space for food trucks and a mixed media sculpture.
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions, outdoor gatherings are limited to 10 or less people.
Virginia Brown Atrium
Located on the first floor, the Virginia Brown Atrium is often the first space welcoming visitors into the building.
The ConocoPhillips Atrium, located on the second floor, is a great space for receptions and academic displays. With Starbucks just steps away, it’s also a popular spot for study groups and friendly gatherings. This atrium features wide hallways and close proximity to the largest indoor event space in the complex, the Chevron Studios. This space is well-suited for poster sessions, receptions and informal gatherings.
Graham Plaza, located just outside the Chevron Studios and the ConocoPhillips Atrium, creates a grand entrance into the building. With shaded seating and ample hardscape, the space is perfect for large gatherings or peaceful studying, weather permitting.
ZACH 100B, located on the first floor near the south entrance, features a large planar wall.
- No food or drinks are allowed.
- First priority is scheduled classes.
- Learning studios are not always available for many reasons, such as technology updates, facility repair, other preparation arrangements, etc.
- Requests for learning studios can be submitted two weeks after the first class day of the semester.
- Engineering faculty, staff, and accredited/recognized student organizations can submit a reservation request for a Zachry learning studio.
- Individual access is not granted to learning studios:
- Access is only granted for scheduled events whereupon the doors are scheduled to “open” and “close” according to the approved request information
- Include prep and tear-down/clean-up time in the time of your request.
- Ensure the doors are closed and everyone has left when your event is over.
- Before submitting your request, please check availability using the Zachry calendar.
Faculty/Staff Meeting Rooms
- Complete request form and email it to email@example.com for reserving faculty/staff meeting rooms that are not in the Zachry EMS.
- Faculty/staff meeting rooms not in the EMS (capacity) are:
- 150 (12), 304 (28 + 12 extra chairs), 430 (18), 435 (10), 571 (6), 581 (10), 583 (10), 585 (10), 588 (10).