Public facing digital signage within the Zachry Engineering Education Complex is available for recognized engineering student organizations, College of Engineering programs or College of Engineering departments to promote events and announcements for engineering students. Please review the guidelines to learn more about the requirements.
Digital signage support within suites is also available for College of Engineering programs.
Please carefully review the requirements. Non-adherence may result in denial of your request.
- Reservation requests and images must be submitted a minimum of three business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) or if design assistance is needed five business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) prior to the requested reservation start date, and no more than one month in advance of the event date. Reservations are non-transferrable.
- If design assistance is needed for the ad, a minimum of five business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) is required
- Maximum duration for digital displays is seven consecutive days. If space permits, additional dates may be requested and approved by resubmitting a request on the last day of your reservation. When space is available, reservations may be extended up to one additional week.
- Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis, pending approval of the digital promotional item.
- Only one ad per event or announcement will be approved.
- Cancellations must be received at least one business day prior to the beginning of your request start date. Failure to cancel a reservation by the requested timeframe could result in loss of future privileges to make reservations.
- The complete name of the sponsoring organization must be prominently displayed.
- Information on a digital sign ad for an event must include the event name, location, date and time, and contact information.
- Final images for digital items must be:
- .JPG format
- Landscape orientation for large ads
- Portrait orientation for medium and small ads
- Minimum resolution of 72 ppi.
- Not exceed 2MB
- Images that are not designed to screen specifications will not be approved.
- Sans serif fonts should be used for text. Suggested fonts are Helvetica or Open Sans for readability on digital displays. Text should be:
- Large as possible
- Not exceed 40 words
- Image backgrounds must be a light background with text in black or dark gray to provide contrast. Any content submitted not following the criteria outlined will not be posted and returned with an explanation.
- All submissions must be proofread; any grammatical or spelling errors will cause your request to be returned to the requestor for correction before posting.
- Promotion of items for commercial products, services or events on the digital signage system are prohibited.
- The College of Engineering is not responsible for editing copy or confirming copyright of images, logos and text.
- Medium digital space is available for events and announcements. Ad must be 456 x 749 pixels before submitting.
- Large digital space (1920 x 1080 pixels) is reserved for College of Engineering Programs and large collegewide events. Approval MUST be attained before submitting through our form. Please contact Engineering Communications at email@example.com for additional assistance.
Please note: Ad location is up to the discretion of the Digital Signage Team.
Medium Ad Example
Large Ad Example