March 24, 2020
The recently announced shelter in place order for Brazos County has necessitated the following changes to ZACH access. Effective this evening, March 24 at 9:00pm and running throughout the duration of the order, unless otherwise informed:
- Access to ZACH for students who have chosen to remain on campus and are in need of a quiet study space with wi-fi and power:
- Access to ZACH is limited to the Chevron Rooms only, located on the north/University Drive side of the building between 8:00am – 7:00pm
- The only access point for the Chevron Rooms will be through the doors facing the Chevron Rooms, located on the Jay and April Graham Plaza/across the street from the Jack E. Brown Chemical Engineering Building.
- Access to the Chevron Rooms will be closely monitored to ensure that no more than 50 students occupy the Chevron Rooms at a given time.
- Students utilizing the Chevron Rooms must adhere to social distancing and will be removed if they do not do so.
- Access to ZACH for designated essential personnel is limited to the south entrance/EQuad between the hours of 8:00 am until 8:00 pm. Essential personnel include:
- Faculty and TAs involved in learning activities, such as online learning
- Student workers, if they have been designated as such by their supervisors
- Other essential personnel
- There will be no access to ZACH at the east and west entrances to the Conoco Phillips atrium for anyone.
- Starbucks will remain open at this time and entry is limited to its exterior doors off the Jay and April Graham Plaza. No exit from Starbucks into ZACH will be permitted. All Starbucks products are to be sold as to-go items only/no inside seating.
Access to ZACH will be monitored and the above limited access protocol may need to be changed as the situation evolves. Thank you for your patience and understanding.